Tuesday 21 May 2013

Butterfly Jasmine Tea from David's Tea - review

photo credit: David's tea (see link below)

On a recent visit to David's Tea I splurged and purchased one of their reserve teas, Butterfly Jasmine green tea. Maybe it was the beautiful hand rolled 'butterflies' that put me over the edge. It is definitely a splurge as I paid $19.50 for 50g of tea. You need 1 tsp per brewed cup of tea. The heavy jasmine smell was breath taking, and even though I liked the smell I wondered it may be too jasmine-heavy for my liking. I have tried other jasmine green teas before and sometimes the taste is too artificial for my liking.

I brewed a full pot of this lovely tea, spooning 4 tsp into my 'run-if-the-mill' brown tea pot. Kind of a shame since one could watch this beautiful tea 'unroll' into all its splendor!

This is a lovely green tea. No bitterness, full-bodied and robust, and the a pure, natural jasmine flavour I have never before enjoyed. Definitely worth taking a moment out of your busy day to savour and contemplate. I enjoyed everything about this tea except for the price... because of the price I will save for special occasions.


http://www.davidstea.com/butterfly-jasmine

please note I was not paid for this review, or compensated in any manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment